Enterprise ZFS NAS Capacity Calculator
ZFS RAID-Z capacity is calculated differently from normal RAID levels. Before implementing Enterprise ZFS NAS, use this calculator to estimate the total usable storage capacity and the number of drives you need.
- As QES takes up storage space (13GB per system drive, totally 4 system drives), the actual usable storage capacity will be less than the calculated result.
- This calculator assumes that the capacity of drives and RAID groups are identical.
- This calculator excludes spare drives. Please arrange additional spare drives to ensure reliability.
- Different RAID-Z types use a different number of hard drives.
- A RAID 5/6 configuration is required before creating a RAID 50/60 group.
- This calculator only applies to QNAP Enterprise ZFS NAS.
- This calculator is intended for estimation purposes only. Actual usable storage capacity is still based on the result that QES Storage Manager shows.